I plan on purchasing a System 76 Serval Professional notebook at the end of October. Why am I waiting? First my birthday is at he end of the month. Second, I have to interview for my job. That’s a story for a later time.
So having some hopes that everything goes well, I stopped by System 76 to look over the Serval notebook. Oh my, the amount of available options have changed to almost nothing. This tells me to wait and see if the new Core i7 will be available. The only negative thing I see about getting a Core i7, I might not be able to afford it.
As of today I can get the Serval with the following for $1843.00
- Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) 64 Bit Linux (Looking forward to Ubuntu 9.10. The beta CD I downloaded works well on my PCs at work.)
- 15.4″ WSXGA+ Super Clear Glossy LCD (1680 x 1050) (I wish they still offered the better screen Widescreen WUXGA 1920×1200)
- Core 2 Duo T9900 3.06 GHz 1066 MHz FSB 6 MB L2 (35 Watt)
- 4 GB – DDR3 1066 MHZ – 2 DIMM
- 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA II
- CD-RW / DVD-RW
- Intel Wi-Fi Link 5300 – 802.11A/B/G/N Up to 450 Mbps
- 1 Yr. Ltd. Warranty and 1 Yr. Technical Support
The hard part is waiting. Wish I had a Flux Capacitor in my Subaru.